Writer Amanda Whittington chats to Anatomical Pathology Technologist Kirsty Bullen who was the inspiration for her play, Alice.
They chat about Kirsty’s day-to-day experiences of her job in the hospital mortuary; working hard to prepare for autopsies and to care for people who have died and their families.
As well as opening the door on a world not many people see, this conversation gently connects to some of the bigger spiritual questions which surround Kirsty’s professional life.
Ths episode includes references to death and dying including discussions about professional practices in a hospital mortuary.
- End of Life Doulas
- Surviving the Tsunami of Grief
- The Good Grief Trust
- BAME in Mind
- The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network
- A Matter of Life and Death Festival
- Death cafes UK
- Produced by She Wants a Dog (Kate Chapman and Pippa Frith)
- Assistant Producer Daljinder Johal
- Sound design by Iain Armstrong
- Sound editing by Fraser Youngson
- Partner: Nottingham Playhouse
- Supported by Arts Council England