In this companion episode to the play Tears for £££s, writer Mufaro Makubika chats to counsellor Koren Harris about experiences of grief after the death of a loved one. Having never had counselling himself, he wants to know more about what happens and how it works. Koren talks this through in detail and their chat covers counselling and race, masculinity and grief; and what happens when the tears won’t fall.
This episode contains references to death and grieving.
- End of Life Doulas
- Surviving the Tsunami of Grief
- The Good Grief Trust
- BAME in Mind
- The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network
- A Matter of Life and Death Festival
- Death cafes UK
- Produced by She Wants a Dog (Kate Chapman and Pippa Frith)
- Assistant Producer Daljinder Johal
- Sound design by Iain Armstrong
- Sound editing by Fraser Youngson
- Partner: Nottingham Playhouse
- Supported by Arts Council England